Sunway Mentari – The upcoming MAD-SUN’s pitching challenge will be the fourth one, at MAD Incubator’s Startup Hub™ @ Sunway Mentari, Bandar Sunway on the 31st of May 2014. After the recent success of the MAD-SUN business competition series held at Cyberjaya, Putrajaya and Penang, throughout the year of 2014, MAD Incubator (MAD) from Malaysia and Start Up Nation (SUN) from Singapore, have decided to discover the talents in the Petaling Jaya area to provide deserving entrepreneurs with valuable opportunities to accelerate their ventures.
The MAD-SUN pitching platform is created for early stage startups and entrepreneurs who have ideas, products, schemes, plans, designs and proposals but lack certain factors like seed funding, network and knowledge to accelerate their business. Selected ideas of this upcoming pitching challenge will be awarded the incubation program under the MAD-SUN Startup Program with investment opportunities of up to USD10K per project.
Start Up Nation (SUN) was established in 2011 with a focus on Investments, Acceleration, Social Impact, Digital Marketing, Consultancy and Web Communities. They are now operating in three countries in Asia and have successfully gained startup assets as well as extensive networks in 21 countries.
MAD Incubator is Malaysia’s largest private incubator and also the country’s most active incubator. To date, MAD has incubated more than 80 business ventures and supported more than 200 companies through its BizStart Programs. MAD endeavors to democratize entrepreneurship by making entrepreneur assistance and incubation affordable for all entrepreneurs through MAD’s high value quality programs, mentoring, coaching and workshops.
The upcoming challenge is open to the tech and non-tech startups who are aspiring entrepreneurs who have ideas, prototypes or products from all types of categories. Registration opens now and will be closing on the 26th of May 2014.
The MAD-SUN Sunway Challenge will be held in Startup Hub™ @ Sunway Mentari, located in the heart of Bandar Sunway of Subang Jaya, on the 31st of May 2014, Saturday, from 10am to 6pm. MAD Incubator cordially invites both observers and talents to join this exciting challenge. Your startup could be the one walking away with the opportunity to realise your ideas & products!
The MAD-SUN Sunway Challenge – Event Details:
|Date||31st May 2014|
|Venue||Startup Hub™ @ Sunway Mentari, No. 6-2, Jalan PJS 8/12A, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya (https://goo.gl/maps/RgltF)|
• There are no fees to present.
• Applicants can refer their products to MAD Incubator, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Applicants will be required to submit a 2-page Executive Summary outlining the company, product, value proposition, management team and any other information that will be relevant to the demonstration (Application Form – kindly click the button below “Take Me to The Application Form”).
• Upon receiving the Executive Summary, MAD – SUN Committees will contact applicant for a review of the product/idea when needed. Applicants need to get their demo/presentations ready for review. All demo/presentation reviews will be conducted within one weeks of your submission.
• Applications will be subjected to rounds of review by a reviewer. Reviewers will decide based on the following:
1. How innovative the product/idea is?
2. How good is the business execution?
3. How likely is it that the product/idea and company will succeed?
• Shortlisted applicants will be selected by the 26th May 2014.
• Successful shortlisted applicants will be invited to the MAD-SUN Sunway Challenge on the 31st May 2014 and upon deliberation during event day, chosen inventions will be announced to be incubated under the MAD-SUN Startup Program worth USD10,000 per project.
Each presenter will be given ten (10) minutes to pitch their ideas/product/service.
Timing is strictly enforced, so, handouts, cards, demos or samples are allowed during or immediately after finalist’s presentation.
The pitching session will be followed by five (5) minutes of Q&A session by the panel of assessors.
After each session, there will be a Private Session (One-on-One) between the Presenter & the Panel of Assessors for five (5) minutes each either in a closed or a separate room.