Leading The Growth of Technopreneurship
MAD Incubator is MAD with a Mission; a mission to create and develop 1000 entrepreneurs in Malaysia by 2015. To realize this vision, MAD Incubator has incepted the Technopreneur Open Day (TOD) as an engagement channel to seek out and discover new startups across Malaysia as well as to promote technology entrepreneurship, render assistance to startups outside of Klang Valley and to create greater awareness about business incubators and accelerators across the country.
MAD will be embarking on a 5 cities engagement – Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Penang, Cyberjaya and Perak to promote technopreneurship, seek out new startups and introduce business incubation services and assistance to technology entrepreneurs across the country. Since 2009, TOD has been MAD’s flagship event to promote awareness about MAD Incubator and its programs and services. This year, MAD intends to identify technopreneurship talent from universities and to bridge academia and industry together in the hunt for new innovation and ideas.
Throughout the roadshow, it is expected to obtain more than 50 idea applications (pitching session) in the IT industry that will be chosen as potential ideas/business to undergo the incubation services provided by MAD Incubator in Cyberjaya. The TOD 2014 is expected to attract more than 300 visitors spanning the four roadshows and 200 visitors for MSC Malaysia TOD 2014 in Cyberjaya. MAD Incubator needs your support to make this concept a reality and to continue to help Malaysian Start-ups to grow their businesses.
Proposed Event Details :
|State||Proposed Date||Proposed Venue||e-Ticket Info (click to register!)|
|Penang||9 October 2014||Eureka Complex, USM, Penang||http://goo.gl/Wy8tQr|
*The above mentioned dates & venues are tentative and subjected to change without prior notice.
Pitch & Qualify - Info
Pitch & Qualify - Info
The format will evolve around pitching, knowledge and business assistance. The pitching element, called the ‘PITCH & QUALIFY’ Challenge in MSC Malaysia TOD 2014 is to provide opportunities for startups to win spaces in incubators to enroll under the MAD Scholarship program, Exhibition Space at the D.A.R.E. Bizstart Showcase 2014, Invitation to Launch at MAD TechVentures and Invitation to Pitch for Investments. MSC Malaysia TOD 2014 is poised to be the one stop platform for technopreneurs and would-be technopreneurs to pitch their ideas/business, obtain latest information, knowledge and expand their networks.
If you think you have GREAT Ideas, If you think you have the Uniqueness, Send your Applications Here!
|APPLICATION & PITCHING PROCEDURES:• There are no fees to present.• Applicants can refer their products to MAD Incubator, or email to [email protected]
• Applicants will be required to fill up a form (Form Button Given) upon registering.
• Upon receiving the Executive Summary, The MAD Committee will contact applicant for a review of the product/idea when needed. Applicants need to get their demo/presentations ready for review. All demo/presentation reviews will be conducted within one week of your submission.
• Applications will be subjected to rounds of review by a reviewer. Reviewers will decide based on the following:
1. How innovative the product/idea is?
2. How good is the business execution?
3. How likely is it that the product/idea and company will succeed?
• Successful shortlisted applicants will be invited to the MSC MALAYSIA TOD 2014 – PITCH & QUALIFY Challenge, on the One Week before each State Event (Refer Respective DEADLINES stated below) and upon deliberation during event day, chosen ideas will be announced at the end of every session at each state to enter Final Round in Cyberjaya.
Tips: Here’s a simple tip from us : Use the 5 W’s and 1 H Format (What, Who, When, Where, Why and How) and then WOW the assessors!
Each presenter will be given ten (10) minutes to pitch their ideas/product/service.
Timing is strictly enforced, so, handouts, cards, demos or samples are allowed during or immediately after finalist’s presentation.
The pitching session will be followed by five (5) minutes of Q&A session by the panel of assessors.
* IMPORTANT * PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINES FOR THE PITCH & QUALIFY CHALLENGE FOR EACH STATE IS AS STATED BELOW: