The MAD-SUN BUSINESS CHALLENGE 2.0 is created by MAD Incubator (MAD) and Singapore’s Startup Nation (SUN) for the early-stage startups who have ideas, schemes, plans, designs and proposals but lack the acquisition of an investor, the advantage for a spotlight and the acceleration for growth.
Start Up Nation (SUN) was established in 2011 with a focus on Investments, Acceleration, Social Impact, Digital Marketing, Consultancy and Web Communities. They are now operating in three countries and have successfully gained startup assets as well as networks in 21 countries.
MAD Incubator is Malaysia’s largest private incubator and the country’s most active incubator. To-date, MAD has incubated more than 80 business ventures and is supporting more than 200 companies through its BizStart Programs. MAD targets to democratize entrepreneurship by making entrepreneur assistance and incubation affordable for all entrepreneurs through MAD’s high value quality programs, mentoring, coaching and handholding services, as well as business facilities, networking opportunities, training workshops, facilitation on funding access and lots more.
When the two combines and collaborates, what possibly could you imagine more? An exciting yet an exacting platform and an opportunity for startups and future entrepreneurs to embark on the very first step of their entrepreneurial journey.
There are 2 categories that allow 10 spots for the MAD Scholarship Program – Ideation Stage and 20 spots for the MAD-SUN – Startup Program-Stage:-
CATEGORY 1: MAD Scholarship Program – Ideation Stage
Prize: MAD Incubator’s Scholarship Program for 1 year.
Participants: 10 Ideas
CATEGORY 2: MAD-SUN – Startup Program-Stage
Prize: Investment opportunities up to USD10K per project.
Participants: 20 Startups
The MAD-SUN BUSINESS CHALLENGE 2.0 will be held at MSC Malaysia Technology Commercialisation Centre (MTCC), Cyberjaya, the home of MAD on the 25th January 2014. The session is open to the tech and non-tech startups. Join the pitching session and start your entrepreneurship adventure now!
• All technology/non-technology submissions are welcomed from all startups.
• There are no fees to present.
• Applicants can refer their products to MAD Incubator, or email to [email protected]
• Applicants will be required to submit a 2-page Executive Summary outlining company, product, value proposition, management team and any other information that will be relevant to the demonstration.
• Upon received of the Executive Summary, MAD – SUN Committees will contact applicant for a review of the product/idea. Applicant needs to get demo/presentation ready for review. All demo/presentation reviews will be conducted within one weeks of your submission.
• Applications will be subjected to rounds of review by a reviewer. Reviewers will decide based on the following:
1. How innovative the product/idea is?
2. How good is the business execution?
3. How likely is it that the product/idea and company will succeed?
• Successful shortlisted applicants will be invited to present to the Reviewers Panel to determine the Finalists.
• Finalists will be selected by before 20 Jan 2014.
• Finalists are required to attend two –day pitching mentoring session on 23 & 24 Jan 2014.
• The Finalists will then be invited to present at MAD – SUN Business Challenges 2.0 with their ready product or ideas on 25 Jan 2014.
WHO, WHAT and HOW and make your presentation WoW!
Each finalist will be given ten (10) minutes to pitch their ideas/product/service. Timing is strictly enforced, handouts, cards, demos or samples are allowed during or immediately after finalist’s presentation. The pitching session followed by five (5) minutes of Q&A by the panel of judges.
Register as Observer
Fill in the information below to participate as an observer.